When one thinks of franchising one automatically thinks of leading franchise brands or the many franchise outlets that take that product or service to the market-place. But what about the companies that supply products and services to those franchise businesses – from those who shop-fit those eye-catching food outlets to those who make sure their operating systems run efficiently to those who supply the ingredients to make those mouth-watering eats.
Key to the success of most franchise systems is the strong link they have with their suppliers – in sourcing only the best, in adopting market efficiencies and in marketing and promoting the brand and product to help retain customers and bring in new feet.
Fasa believes that the role that the vast supplier community plays in servicing the franchise sector should be part of the franchise community as they play such a crucial role. With an estimated 10 to 20% of the supply chain in various sectors going through the franchise route, this well-established marketing option should be embraced by all those who are suppliers to the franchise sector – whether of product or services.
Fasa welcomes Africa Spice as a supplier member of the Association and salutes their 25 successful years as a supplier to the food sector of the industry. Founded in the mid-90’s, Africa Spice has a proud tradition of offering their many customers the personal touch and service excellence in providing a top range of products and services.
Africa Spice specializes in the processing, blending, packing and importing of spices and spice blends. Our company offers great service with great pricing and uncompromising quality. We are built on strong family values…small enough to care and big enough to count.
We are the preferred importers, packers and blenders of top-quality spices for all industries for the following reasons:
- Massive new product development (NPD) department – With vast knowledge and experience, our NPD team continues to work with cutting edge technology, flavours and international trends to ensure that all our customers’ requirements are met with a fast turnaround time and satisfaction. We have invested large amounts in our team and laboratories to ensure we can run multiple projects at the same time, working together with your NPD department to give you what you need.
- Specialize in custom blends – Our NPD team is able to provide a personal touch in the development of spice blends according to our customers’ requirements and products can be packed in various sizes. Some of our bigger customers that we supply custom blends include the likes of Nando’s, Famous Brands and the Spur Corporation.
- State of the art machinery – Our milling, blending & steam sterilization plant allows us to produce world class blends, with reduced micro bacteria levels in line with international requirements.
- Lowest cost producing – We take pride in having very low operational costs due to currently having all our facilities under one roof. We blend everything in Gauteng (City Deep) which gives us the advantage over most of our competitors as we able to move quickly on deliveries and new product developments, without the cost burden of having branches throughout the country.
Should you be looking for new spices for your food business speak to Emil Caddie, NPD Manager, +27 11 623 1322 or visit their website Africa Spice for more information.
Latest posts by FASA Franchise Association South Africa (see all)
- You have been replaced - 3rd December 2019
- Condolences and a salute to a franchise colleague - 29th November 2019
- Get your online presence ready for the festive season - 21st November 2019