Suppliers of goods to the franchise industry, interested in attracting new clients and building a strong network in the industry are invited to join the Association as members.
The Franchise Association of South Africa is a non-profit organisation in existence since 1979 and the only recognised representative body for franchising in South Africa.
It has an extensive database and regularly markets to the database, stakeholders and the public at large thus providing an ideal platform for good supplier members to market their products. On request, members could be provided with direct access to decision makers within the franchise industry as well as access to the Association’s exclusive member contact information where permission has been obtained.
Become a trusted service provider/goods supplier to the franchise industry in order to enjoy the following benefits:-
- FASA Directory
- Franchise Manual
- Franchise Events and Expos
- Association's Council
- Weekly Newsletter
- Speaker Opportunities
- Promotional Offers
- Member Referral Discount
- Proudly SA Discount Offer
- Marketing Discount Offer - Penquin
- Intellicred - Online Brand Protection and Monitoring
- Special Discount Offer from LWO Employers organisation
Service providers and goods suppliers are required to provide an undertaking that they would manage their business on an ethical basis and deal with clients in a fair and transparent manner. This paves the way for building a working relationship with clients or customers based on trust.
The Association promotes its members as trusted service providers/goods suppliers to the franchise industry by way of its online Directory for Service Providers/Goods Suppliers.
Members are recommended by the Association when enquiries are received. This service is offered free of charge to members and helps members in this category to recruit new clients.
Trusted service providers/goods suppliers members are featured in the Association’s annual Franchise Manual.
The Franchise Manual is offered for sale on the Association’s website in hard copy or as an eBook. Additional free copies are made available to members on request if they want to hand them to potential franchisees during the interviewing process.
Members receive a FREE full colour quarter page insert in the Manual showcasing their accreditation status.
Service providers/goods suppliers members are offered opportunities to sponsor and/or facilitate events, seminars and networking opportunities on a first come first served basis.
Service providers/goods suppliers receive a special member’s discount of 20% on the exhibition costs of a stand at exhibitions managed by the Association. Exhibiting provides a great opportunity to showcase services, demonstrate products, obtain visibility for the company and build new client databases.
Service providers/goods suppliers members have access to leadership opportunities within the Association’s structures like nominating themselves to serve on the Association’s Council and other working committees like the Membership committee, Legal committee and FASA Food Forum.
Service providers/goods suppliers members are given access to speaking opportunities at conferences, expo’s and other industry events managed by the Association. These free opportunities are usually offered to members on a preferential basis – first come first served.
Service providers/goods suppliers members can advertise or post relevant promotional offers in your listing in the Association’s directory at no cost. Your listing is displayed in the sidebar of the Association’s website.
Promotional offers are also listed as a member benefit under the Franchisor/Supplier benefit link on the website.
Members who successfully encourage non-members to join the Association, receives a 10% discount on their membership fees for the ensuring year, for every member referral signed up.
Proudly SA offers members of the Association a 10% discount on their first year’s membership fees, and a 20% discount for those signing up for a two-year membership.
Penquin offers members a FREE digital audit which would include the following:
- Website Grading
- Search analysis
- Social media analysis
- One competitor benchmark
- Recommendations for improvement
Should any members wish to have Penquin assist them on their marketing activities. We offer a
- 10% discount on a spend of R25 000 and a
- 15% discount on any spend above R25 000
IntelliCred offers FASA members a 25% discount off Business Identity Seals for their Franchise or other company website. Offering visitors to their websites peace of mind that they are engaging with a real business.
IntelliCred’s Business Identity Seal, the fastest way to let visitors and customers trust you are who you say you are online.
Why Business Identity Seals work?
- Having a verified Business Identity Seal on your website, customers will know that your website is legitimate.
- Increase conversion rates (customers buy from companies they trust).
- Provides instant real-time business credibility.
- Providing re-assurance to customers that your business has been verified by a third party.
- Boost sales even if you are not transacting online, because your customers can trust you.
What are Business Identity Seals?
Business Identity Seals, or Trust Seals, are clickable logos or images displayed on websites to provide evidence of assurance or certification. When clicked, a secure pop-up window appears with business-specific information to ensure visitors of your validation and credibility.
Send Business Details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we will need: Company Registration, Contact Details (address, contact number), website owner, and for freelancers, ID number. None of this information is displayed in the seal, but used to validate your company.
Special Discount Offer from LWO Employers organisation which specialises in labour law compliance and representation at the CCMA.
FASA members recieve a 20% discount on the once-off joining fee when joinng the LWO.
Membership with LWO is vested in the legal entity, irrespective of the number of employees. The cost structure is two-fold:
- Once-off joining fee of R2 415.00 (with the 20% discount on the once-off joining fee, FASA franchisors will only pay R1 932.00 (including VAT)
- Annual membership fee (also payable monthly) according to the membership package best suited to the employer’s needs – there are five packages to choose from, with the Basic package’s annual fee being R2 542.11 (or R211.84 monthly x 12).
The LWO assists employers to comply with labour law and typical services include:
- Upon joining, every member receives a labour audit (“information and implementation session”) where a qualified legal advisor does a full analysis of your employment contracts, rules, procedures, registration, etcetera to identify any gaps or risks. All labour law documentation is provided and explained, we discuss it with you and get your input regarding your unique needs and implement it in the workplace. You also receive the 3 labour law posters that must be displayed in the workplace (Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Health and Safety Act), as well as a disciplinary code with offences and sanctions. We ensure that your workplace complies 100% with labour law.
- Free purpose-built employment contracts and other labour law documentation.
- Making and implementing rules in the workplace.
- Enforcing discipline – consultations, warnings, disciplinary hearings.
- Representation at the CCMA, Bargaining Councils and Labour court.
- We provide assistance with: restructuring, retrenchment, trade union negotiations, strikes and Department of Labour inspections
Our number 1 service is of course the free 24/7 legal advice helpline where our members can phone at any time, as many times as needed, and speak directly to a qualified legal advisor.
If you are interested in contacting LWO about this special offer please emailAnsofie van der Walt
Submission of the application
Once the online application form has been submitted a pro-forma invoice would be raised for the annual membership fees which currently amounts to
R17 073.00 excluding VAT. The pro-forma invoice is sent to the applicant’s duly authorised contact person for payment.
Approval of the membership application
Upon receipt of the membership fee payment as well as the completed online application form, the application would be considered for approval. Once approved, the duly authorised person of the applicant company would be informed of the membership application’s approval by way of a welcome letter as well as the association’s Corporate Identity information. The relevant contact information supplied by the applicant company is then added to the member database with immediate effect to ensure regular member communication is maintained.
Should an applicant not comply with the requirements of the membership application process as listed under “Required Application Documentation” within a maximum of 3 months of first having submitted the application, the application would be rejected and deemed unsuccessful.
In the event of an unsuccessful or rejected application, the Association would refund a portion of the membership fees paid by the applicant, minus an administration fee of R3,500 excluding VAT. The once-off legal fee paid by the applicant (if applicable) is not refundable.
Once application has been received our admin team
will invoice you to make payment.