- Franchise Consulting
- Franchise feasibility assessment
- Franchise development
- Franchise documentation including:
- Operations manuals
- Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Franchisee Training Manuals
- Franchisee Recruitment Pack
- Franchisee and Franchisor training
- Franchisee recruitment tools
- Franchisee surveys
- Advertising of the franchise opportunity through our www.whichfranchise.co.za platform
- Benchmarking of franchisee performance
The following courses are offered in-house and are customised to the specific needs of the client. Franchisee courses:
- Basic Business Skills Course
- Operational Financial Management Existing franchisors courses
- Managing Franchisee Performance Course
- Basic Business Finance Course
- Marketing & Sales Workshop New franchisors courses
- Franchise by Numbers Course Field service consultants (FSC) courses
- The World`s Greatest Multi-Store Leadership Programme Other courses
- Company Specific Retail Courses Developed to your Needs
- Conference speaking
- Category Management
Franchising Plus is the leading franchise consultancy in South Africa. We offer unbiased advice and professional services of the highest standard to existing businesses and prospective franchise companies in expanding their operations by means of franchising, other suitable business distribution and owner operator mechanisms. We also provide business development support to new and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Our strength lies in the fact that we have had over 100 years of experience collectively in franchising as a team. We are different from our competitors in that we review and optimise the strategies a franchisor will use to penetrate the market. Although we create franchise packages, we believe that the basics of what makes a concept franchiseable needs to be in place in order to create a sustainable business for both the franchisor and the franchisee alike.
Eric Parker – Consultant & Partner
Eric completed his graduate studies by achieving a national diploma in metallurgy.
After holding a position in this industry for a number of years, he decided to pursue a career in the field of marketing and completed a three-year Institute of Marketing Management (IMM) diploma. After working as a metallurgist at Haggie Rand Ltd for a period of seven years, Eric commenced his career in marketing and has garnered extensive experience in this field:
- Marketing Manager of Carlton Paper for six years.
- Managing Director of Kreepy Krauly / Perm Clean Pools for four years.
- Marketing Director of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) for six years.
- Executive Director of Interface, the restaurant subsidiary of a listed company, for three years.
- Co-founder of Nando’s Chickenland, with his area of expertise being a franchise and market development. During the seven years of involvement with this brand, Eric established a substantial branch network and was instrumental in the rapid roll-out of the brand, both in South Africa and internationally.
- Founder of Parker Gordon Associates together with Bendeta Gordon in 1994. The focus of this consultancy was on franchise development and distribution channel formulation.
During August 1998, Eric joined Deloitte & Touche as a director with responsibility for the establishment of a dedicated franchise division. In September 2000, Deloitte & Touche Franchising merged with Franchising Plus. Eric is a senior partner of Franchising Plus to this day.
Eric is a past Chairman of the Franchise Association of Southern Africa (FASA) and served on its Board of Directors for many years. In recognition of the valuable contribution he made, he was named the FASA Franchise Personality of the Year in 1995. Eric enjoys an outstanding reputation as a speaker on franchising and small business issues at functions and conferences. He is also sought after as a strategic thinker and facilitates most of the operational planning sessions hosted by Franchising Plus. Moreover, Eric has written or co-written several books on entrepreneurship, including two best sellers in their field namely ‘Run Your Own Business and Make Lots of Money’ and ‘Eric Parker’s Road Map to Business Success’.
Sasha-Lee de Bod – Consultant
Sasha-Lee completed her Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Marketing and Entrepreneurship with distinction at North-West University in 2014. She has also completed an Undergraduate Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Entrepreneurship and Business Management with distinction at North-West University in addition to a NQF Level 5 Project Management qualification. She completed a course on managing Franchisee Performance as a Field Service Consultant and modelling for analysts and accountants.
Since 2013, Sasha-Lee has been a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society for Academic Excellence and Leadership Development.
She joined Franchising Plus in March 2015 as a Franchise Consultant and has worked on various commercial and social projects across several different industries, such as: Health and Beauty, Retail, Restaurant and QSR, Mentorship and Consulting to SME’S, Insurance, Business to Business and Education, alongside specialists in the franchising industry. She has been involved in project management and mentoring for small businesses as part of the Supplier Development Mentorship Programme/Initiative facilitated by Franchising Plus.
She has been a speaker at several industry events. These conferences and workshops included the Restaurant and QSR Africa Conference, Africa Fuel Wholesale and Retail Expansion Summit, IP Assessment Management and Tech Transfer
Her key strengths include project planning and management, financial modelling, marketing and research and analysis.
Annie Baptiste – Consultant & Trainer
Annie has an honours degree in Marketing from the University of Pretoria.
She has been working in the franchising sector since 1999. During her tenure at Deloitte & Touche in the Franchise division she started training franchisor staff as well as franchisees on business skills.
Annie joined Franchising Plus as the training manager and has developed the training material for the Franchising Plus training courses and negotiated an alliance with the Institute of Marketing Management, who accredits these courses. Annie also developed a whole training and development programme for retail personnel which currently forms a large part of the Franchising Plus training offering. Annie has authored a book on ‘The Five Radical Rules of Marketing’.