Franchise Accreditation is attractive to the potential buyer because it gives the investor the assurance that the franchise business has met the requirements and standards expected of the Franchise Association.
Franchising is recognised globally as one of the most aggressive forms of business expansion. It enjoys a high profile with some of the world’s most renowned brands as franchise leaders. In most countries franchising has fallen under the umbrella of local franchise associations, which in turn, belong to the World Franchise Council. This allows the business format of franchising to be controlled and good ethical practices set globally. For this very reason, franchisors, franchisees and service providers are encouraged to belong to a franchise association which in turn promotes them in a variety of ways and provides many networking opportunities.
Benefits of being a Member
Benefits include the prestige of being associated with an internationally recognized Franchise Association, the World Franchise Council participating in the many networking events that FASA holds throughout the year, being informed of the many legislative changes that may affect franchising and benefiting from legal, industrial and labour advice.
In addition, FASA has a basket of exclusive discount benefits – from signage to hotel accommodation and general business deals – that will benefit both franchisor and franchisee.
Listed below are the benefits of becoming a FASA Member
- 1. FASA Accreditation
- 2. Funding Assistance
- 3. Promotion of Members
- 4. FREE to Attend Events
- 5. Dispute Resolution
- 6. World Franchise Council
- 7. Up to Date with Regulations
- 8. Member Referral Discount
- 9. Medical Scheme - Universal Healthcare
- 10. Annual Franchise Surveys
- 11. Employee Benefits Plan - Liberty
- 12. Assessments
- 13. Proudly SA 10% Discount Offer
- 14. Marketing Discount Offer - Penguin
- 15. Online Presence Evaluation
- 16. Website Evaluation
- 17. IntelliCred - Online Brand Protection and Monitoring
All members receive accreditation as FASA members and for franchisor members this is of particular importance not only in light of the implications of the Consumer Protection Act which addresses franchising in particular but in terms of the high visibility and credibility that comes with belonging to FASA. This includes:
- Enjoying the recognition of funders who prefer to deal with FASA members.
- Through FASA’s efforts in educating potential franchisees on choosing ethical operators, enjoying preferential status in the public’s selection process.
- Being able to use the FASA logo on all their company collateral and receiving recognition that the member company agrees to abide by FASA’s Code of Ethics i.e. as an ethical franchisor.
The association has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with sefa (Small Enterprise Finance Agency) to assist members with funding.
Franchisor and service provider members will be promoted amongst FASA’s existing member base and the public at large by way of the following activities:-
The Annual Franchise Manual
is offered for sale to every visitor at the annual Franchise Expo and is sold at seminars, workshops and to the public at large. The publication and its contents are also promoted extensively on the FASA website. All members details are published in the Manual at no cost to the member and all members receive a number of free copies which they may hand to potential franchisees.
The Manual also includes the results of the latest franchise survey. Every franchisor in South Africa that is in the Association’s database receives a copy of the annual Franchise Manual.
The value of the advertisement and free manuals is R9,840
FASA Member Listing
All members are listed on FASA’s website with a reciprocal link to members’ websites at no cost to the member.
The value of the website advertising amounts to R24 720 per annum.
FASA Manual – Newsworthy Articles
Members are invited to submit newsworthy articles to the Editor of the Manual (send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org). Should the article be published full recognition is given to the writer and the direct advertising cost of such an article is R16 200 per page which is given to members free of charge.
The Value of the article – R16,200
Members advertise under “Franchises for Sale”
All members can advertise franchises for sale on the FASA website under the “Franchises for sale” link on the homepage at no cost.
All ongoing marketing campaigns undertaken throughout the year by the Association promotes its members, the sectors they represent and franchising in general.
- Regular press releases are issued by FASA’s PRO to showcase the growth of its various sectors, its members and their achievements as well as address other matters of relevance to franchising.
The annual franchise awards provide a highlight in the calendar every year and gives huge exposure in the media to the finalists and the winners of the various categories. Awards finalists and winners receive PR value of just over R1m (source NewsClip).
FASA owns the biggest Franchise Expo on the African continent which takes place annually. It is one of the biggest events in franchising and generates ongoing media interest and exposure in particular for the exhibitor brands.
FASA members receive a 20% discount on exhibition costs, which amounts to R5,000 on a 9 square meter stand and are highlighted as FASA members.
FASA holds a franchise convention every year alongside the festival which provides a platform for members to present or participate as speakers at no cost. Tickets to attend the convention are discounted to members.
FASA offers seminars during the year aimed at potential franchisees and prospective franchisors. Besides educating the public on franchising, its merits, challenges and legalities, it also promotes its membership base and the importance of dealing with franchisors who have chosen ethical franchising by becoming FASA members.
FASA Newsflash Newsletter
FASA sends newsletters out to its member as well as the public database at least once a month – members who submit newsworthy information about their brands to the editor of the newsletter would receive free exposure should the article be published.
All members receive preferential consideration when attending networking events, seminars and workshops as well free visitor entry at the annual expo.
FASA offers dispute resolution services to its member free of charge.
FASA is a member of the World Franchise Council and as such can provide information to members who may be looking for contacts and expert information should they be expanding offshore.
As a member of the World Franchise Council FASA’s Code of Ethics that all members subscribe to is a world class document that mirrors the Codes of franchise associations around the world. FASA is a member of Ethics SA. FASA stands for ethical franchising so franchisors cannot afford to be a non-member.
FASA interacts regularly with the dti and acts as an industry watchdog on all new and planned regulations that could have an impact on the franchise industry.
If you refer someone to FASA and they become a member of the Association, you can get up to 50% on your membership fees.
FASA conducts annual franchise surveys and members can tap into the survey results.
The Association offers free assessments to members who joined the Association before April 2011 of their franchise agreement and disclosure documents.
Proudly SA offers members of the Association a 10% discount on their first year’s membership fees, and a 20% discount for those signing up for a two-year membership.
Penquin offers members a FREE digital audit which would include the following:
- Website Grading
- Search analysis
- Social media analysis
- One competitor benchmark
- Recommendations for improvement
Should any members wish to have Penquin assist them on their marketing activities. We offer a
- 10% discount on a spend of R25 000 and a
- 15% discount on any spend above R25 000
As a valued FASA member we would like to extend our support and assistance in evaluating your corporate presence on all online platforms at no cost to your company.
Online Presence Evaluation – Valued at R3000.00 and includes the following:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation):
- Search Engine Ranking analysis will provide you with information on where and how your corporate website ranks on search engines;
- Analysis of meta data, meta-descriptions and Alt Tag analysis, will provide you with information on how search engines view your site;
- Tracking code evaluation will provide you with information on how your site is tracked and how accurate the information is that you are receiving from the tracking (Google Analytics);
- Assess domain and page authority to help identify if your site is seen by Google as one of the trusted authorities in your specific industry;
- Content and blog analysis will provide you with information related to the relevance and engagement of the content on your site;
- Evaluate link-building techniques to confirm if any link building being used, complies with Googles’ requirements;
- Assess content writing skills, and gauge whether it is in line with Googles’ requirements – including keyword density consistency evaluations, to help guide you in getting the most out of your online content;
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation):
Social Media Platforms:
- Assess various social media pages as well as evaluate current social media strategy and see if it is in line with brand image and social trends;
- Evaluate the look and feel of social media accounts, and note if it is in line with current trends, as well as competitor assessment, which will give us the opportunity to provide advice on how to bring your pages up to speed, and keep them in line with your current brand image;
- Analyse current reach and engagement on various social media platforms, and give recommendations on how these can be improved;
The benefit of having this evaluation and a report on recommendations, are:
- Being provided with information on the current brand visibility on search engines as well as social media platforms;
- Having steps that can be taken to improve your brands visibility online and furthermore, how this will benefit your business;
Website Evaluation – Valued at R1,500.00 and includes the following:
- Checking compliance within Googles’ requirements for the site to be responsive and mobile friendly;
- Evaluate whether the current look and feel of the site is in line with industry specific modern trends;
- Feedback from speed tests to gauge the current loading speed of your site, with recommendations on how this can be improved;
- Provide you with a report on recommendations to assist you in updating your corporate website, and keeping it in line with importantly; Googles’ requirements and industry specific standards.
The benefit of having this evaluation and a report on recommendations, are:
- Being provided with information on the user friendliness of your site, as well as what the user experience would be when new and old users access your corporate website;
- Information on the degree of compliance with Googles requirements’ and how this will affect your ranking on Googles’ search engine result pages;
- Knowledge of how you can improve the overall look and feel, as well as functionality of your website.
For expert advice please contact FASA who will notify us of your request. From there, one of our amazing support team members will contact you to get all the relevant information we require to assist you in evaluating and improving your corporate online presence. We look forward to offering our support.
IntelliCred – Online brand protection and monitoring
Value-Added Services to FASA Members
Access to Brand Protection tools now made simple. As a FASA Member, you will receive
discounts between 50-86%.
Note: for members who are already on the IntelliCred platform, the renewal of the service will receive a discount accordingly.