It’s no secret that being in the signage industry means dreaming about landing that BIG retail giant’s contract to make profits sign and cement a good relationship for future business. But how exactly do you go about that? We take the guess work out of the equation, read on for tips on landing THAT big contract.
- Be professional Whether you are contacted via email or a walk-in, remaining professional at all times will go a long way to securing a lucrative contract. Mind your body language if you are meeting people face to face and never use foul language when talking to clients (no matter how big or small).
- Make the effort Once contact has been established, go the extra mile to ensure the client has the information they need. Do a follow up call if needed and don’t make them wait on you for anything. Timing is an important aspect of landing a big contract.
- Encourage good attitudes at work the chances are good that you won’t be dealing with a big client on your own, which is why it’s important to encourage a good work culture. When a big client deals with anyone within your franchise, they should get the same impression every time – helpful and knowledgeable staff who appreciate their business.
- Avoid negative connotations in language when dealing with a prospective big client – avoid phrases such as “I don’t know” or “I can’t do that”. Rather use constructive and positive tones in your sentences. Phrases such as “Let me find out for you” or “I can try get around that” portray your willingness to go that extra mile. Remember to smile – even when you aren’t face-to-face. Your friendliness will exude through a phone call and email. Return business starts with a smile.
- Continuously train your staff Retail giants usually want to feel as if they are dealing with the best of the best in vendors and so they should. Your staff should be trained weekly on new products, new pricing models and customer service – this will go a long way in impressing corporate clients.
- Don’t over promise and under deliver Never make a promise you cannot fulfil. Your reputation precedes you, if you have a name in the industry for not delivering on time, the likelihood of closing a big contract is drastically diminished.
With the right approach and ‘can do’ attitude, closing that BIG deal is within your grasp. Always play to your strengths and doors will undoubtedly start opening for you.
If you have been looking for franchise opportunities in South Africa – that are ready to be owned and set up for success – Signarama is the way to go! Contact us or call 012-285 0412for a confidential discussion about your future in signage.
- The franchise sector remembers Pierre van Tonder - 12th May 2021
- FASA’s Franchising for Africa Virtual Conference – 25 & 26 August 2021 - 10th May 2021
- A franchise that stayed afloat providing safe drinking water to its customers - 10th May 2021