Full franchisor membership offered to companies who are franchisors. A thorough assessment of each applicant company is made before membership is granted. This would typically include a look at the viability of the concept as well as the presence of appropriate documentation, with the minimum requirements being:-
- Disclosure document that complies with FASA’s stringent specifications
- Fair and reasonable franchise agreement that clearly reflects the spirit of FASA’s Code of Ethics and Business Practices
- Has a comprehensive operations and procedures manual
- For full membership, the franchised concept must have been in operation successfully for two years in South Africa.
- International franchised concepts that are members of their respective country of origination’s franchise association do not automatically qualify as members of the franchise association in South Africa.