The Franchise Association of South Africa (FASA), as the only officially recognised representative body for the franchise industry, has taken the lead as one of the founding members of the Nikela Trust and its Rounda initiative towards poverty eradication.
Together with Nando’s, Steers and McDonald’s we were able to test the distribution and audit processes and to measure public perceptions.
The outcome was most encouraging with R 5.3 million raised with a low keyed approach.
With 12 million people going to be hungry every night, Rounda is a unique initiative to help rebuild the social fabric of society through:
- A public/private partnership initiative aimed at mobilising all South Africans to contribute towards poverty eradication, one cent at a time.
- Driven by civil society to galvanise all South Africans to join the fight against poverty.
- Allows for every citizen, business and association to contribute towards building a better South Africa.
- Aligned with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s challenge to South Africa – Thuma Mia, send me!
A National Presidential Social Sector Summit is now scheduled for 18 and 19 March. As part of the Public Private Agreement, every fast food outlet end every restaurant in SA is challenged to follow the example of Nando’s, Steers and McDonald’s to also participate in Rounda.
Thanks to the franchise sector for helping to rebuild our beloved Country back to a revitalized and prosperous society!
- The franchise sector remembers Pierre van Tonder - 12th May 2021
- FASA’s Franchising for Africa Virtual Conference – 25 & 26 August 2021 - 10th May 2021
- A franchise that stayed afloat providing safe drinking water to its customers - 10th May 2021