On Tap is a plumbing retail merchant business handling all aspects of plumbing materials.
On Tap was established in Pietermaritzburg in 1990 during a period that was described the bank manager as the worst recession in South Africa since the 1930’s. The fact that On Tap flourished during this period, and high growth was achieved against fierce competition from huge conglomerates, is a further indication that the system has proven itself. The On Tap brand was established with the vision to create a clear, identifiable brand that is synonymous with the plumbing retail industry for outstanding service and performance. As a result, the On Tap “Fast, friendly and efficient” culture was born. On Tap has secured a consistently growing, major name in the plumbing industry and has successfully grown the revenue of the group to maintain market share. The first franchise outlet was established in Durban in June 1996.
On Tap is a national retailer/wholesaler with owner-managed stores across South Africa. Through established relationships with industry-leading suppliers, On Tap offers exclusive product ranges, as well as premium quality bathroom, kitchen and plumb ware.
Since On Tap’s establishment in 1990, the company has forged substantial business relationships with industry-leading local and international brands. This enables On Tap to offer customers product ranges, as well as premium quality bathroom, kitchen and plumbing supplies.
Through serving clients with integrity, they’ve become a partner of choice for the public and trade. On Tap is the chosen supplier for a comprehensive range of premium quality bathroom, kitchen and plumb-ware products, including designer ranges, cutting edge plumbing supplies and hardware, all at affordable prices.
On Tap’s established business system guarantees service excellence.
Sale of Plumbing goods and hardware, Bathroom Sanitary Ware, Taps, Accessories, Kitchen Sinks, Taps & Accessories
Franchise areas are available nationally, with training and assisting in the initial opening of the store and post-opening support.
The most important personality traits needed to be a successful On Tap Franchisee is:
- a high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- a burning desire to excel in whatever you do
- good health, coupled with a willingness to work extremely hard, often for long hours
- a strong discipline to follow systems
- computer literacy
- an understanding of accounting principles and ability to be assertive with debtors
- a sound credit rating
- a willingness to take calculated risks
- the ability to keep a cool head even when things around you go wrong
- the ability to accept setbacks calmly and recover from them quickly
- a sense of urgency
- a willingness to wait a reasonable period for your rewards
- a high level of business ethics
- a high level of marketing know-how
- outstanding management skills, particularly in dealing with people
- a highly developed ability to solve problems
- a talent for organizing and keeping control
- good financial judgment
- the ability to focus on detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- support from the family
- must be prepared to be involved in the business full time
- have no other business interests; able to focus solely on the development of the On Tap store
1 Month in a current store
Tot +- 2.8mil, area dependant;
UFF R185 000;