Cam Era was originally started in May 1993 as a CCTV installations company. In 2009 we realised that our future lies in duplicating our business system and decided to pursue franchising a means of building our company footprint both locally and internationally.
We started with the brand ibotix, a full system integrator type business model offering CCTV, access, booms, gates, alarms, fencing, fibre optics, wi-fi and the like. However, the complexity of the business model proved challenging for novice business owners to manage and made it difficult for them to achieve a return on investment within a reasonable time frame. With these lessons duly noted we developed a simpler, faster more lucrative model. Partnering with Videofied and Macado allowed us to create the finely focused, robust franchise model known as Cam Era. The South African security sector is valued at between R15-billion and R22-billion per annum.
Cam Era subscribes to a policy of brand specialisation. Meaning that its customers will not be tied up to a weak non-performing system, technology or product brand. Instead, the company will offer the best and latest alarm verification technologies that have all been vetted and approved as compliant by Cam Era, these are then made available, allowing its franchisees to only sell the best solutions at the best prices to their customers.
The 5 areas which a Cam Era franchisee will sell, and service are:
- VIDEOFIED™ – the wireless verification alarm system;
- VIDEOFIED™ COMPATABLE SOLUTIONS;
- Off-Site video verification;
- Perimeter protection SLA’s – system
- Service level agreements and remote maintenance.
Over the past 35 years, our founder (Bill Sandham) has specialised in creating and building companies within the security technology sector. Sales driven entities which rent, sells, installs and maintains security-based solutions (Electronic Security) for Commercial, Retail and Industrial (CRI) businesses. All of us suffer the daily threat from crime and other nefarious activities.
This vital experience has enabled the formulation of the early blueprint framework that instigated the discovery that a need exists for the benchmarking and development of a business franchise model. A business format franchise specifically tailored to address the issue of delivering early warning of a potential criminal breach in an immediate, intelligent, visual and practical manner.
We have 8 territories with immediate availability in Gauteng
Cam Era is a security verification franchise which operates both within the b2b (business-to-business) b2h (business to home) category within the electronic security sector.
The Cam Era business model comprises the careful management of its three working components namely
- SALES, OPERATIONS and ADMINISTRATION, each with its own set of rules and SOP’s.
- SALES – Franchisee – driven by a full-time, hands-on, committed and enthusiastic individual with a passion for selling firstly themselves, then their solution, who gets supported every day by Cam-Era.
- OPS – MACADO COMMAND TECHNICAL provides full technical back-up, installation quality and ongoing service delivery. A full-time commitment requiring technical qualifications and extensive experience regarding Videofied system installations and system design.
- ADMIN – MACADO COMMAND ADMINISTRATION – having recognised that entrepreneurs often have a reluctance to do paperwork, Cam Era has engaged Macado to deliver their world-leading management systems to enable franchisees to outsource this facet of the business completely.
Training – Cam Era believes that franchisees and their staff should receive the highest quality initial and ongoing training, mentoring, coaching and support for its franchises to succeed.
Higher and increasing market demand, as CRIME rises, so does the number of leads and ultimately sales.
Product Quality – always up to date with the latest developments, brand specialisation and a wide range of solutions put Cam Era in the forefront of the sector.
Service – commitment to the highest standards of service, backed-up by exceedingly competent Macado Command support centre and personnel.
Leading by example – an energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic franchisee, completely in sync with the ethos of Cam Era, living with positive expectancy and gratitude.
Expense Structure – Cam Era, being a home-based franchise, runs on a very lean budget.
Cam Era is supported by a powerful technologies company with a group holding structure for national support and stability.