Battery Clinic Franchise is a growing automotive business, head office in Johannesburg. The group currently has 10 Franchisees.
Battery Clinic has employees who are all passionate in what they do. An opportunity for an employee to nurture, learn, grow and realise their full potential.
An Operations Manager position has become available in the Battery Clinic Franchise for Head Office Johannesburg. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring franchisor and franchisee profitability, being proactive, ensure maintenance of high standards in the Gauteng region.
- Qualification in Operations Management in Franchising would be an advantage as well as a FMCG.
- Computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Code 8 drivers licence
- Self-discipline and time management
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Franchisor Profitability
- Attend Operations meeting to discuss status reports and action plans to improve stores turnover and standards Attend follow up meetings as per the minutes
- Ensure that all franchisee fees and advertising fees are paid by the 7th of each month
- Monthly financial statements and budgets are sent to H.O. to provide guidance on
improving net profit
- Assist stores/Franchisees with budgets and cash flows – daily/weekly/monthly
- Strategies in place – marketing plans, monthly/weekly overhead budgets, incentives for management, staff and casuals and stock turn
- Spend quality time with Franchisees and spend time in store to monitor stock, scrap and customer base plus the check list is done and follow up thereafter
- Training of staff
- Bi-monthly management meetings with Franchisees and MD/Franchisor to develop action plans for improvement
- Arrange mystery shopper reports when necessary
- Implement 3/6 month marketing plans
- Schedule training for franchisees and staff – ensure sufficient delegates
- Asist with opening of new stores
- Assist with upgrades, revamps of Franchisee stores
- Handle customer complaints
- All promotions and promotional material are available in the stores
- Collect lease agreements
- Collect franchise agreements, customer cards, update web page
- Buyers/Suppliers nominated by the Franchise
- Implement strategies to improve the Brand and the franchisees position
- Assisting MD to set up more stores – manage the set-up of each
- Repairs and maintenance snag lists – completed by set date
- Make decisions in terms of running the operations team
PACKAGE: R480 000 P.A.
Plus Company Benefits and Profit Sharing
Please use the contact form below to send us a message with your contact details
Steve’s Battery Clinic was founded in 2006 by Steve Huysamen. Before Steve started he researched many business opportunities and quickly realised that there was a great demand for battery business in South Africa. There was a gap in the market at that time the car sales were increasing dramatically and the automotive industry was doing very well.
Steve Huysamen bought into a small battery re-conditioning business that was still in the very early stages.
He initially started his first battery outlet from home, keeping his monthly expenses as low as possible. Soon he realised his Battery business outgrew his premises and needed to expand to bigger premises In 2007, Battery Clinic moved into their first business premises and within the next three months, the demand for reconditioned batteries increased substantially. Steve had to start looking for bigger and better machines to handle this demand. That was the beginning of big things to come.
Steve searched the globe to find the charger that was suitable for this big task on hand, and crossed paths with an electronic engineer that was up for the task to build this monster machine.
This Battery charger, with unique secrets and expertise, re-conditioned more batteries in less time than any other in this market.
It took Battery Clinic 4 years to perfect all their systems to produce a battery that was equal in power but more than half the price of a new battery. They also started selling new batteries to give their customers a choice between a New Battery or Re-conditioned Battery.
Needless to say, in today’s tight financial economy Re-conditioned Batteries are in great demand.
In the last 5 years, Battery Clinic had such success in selling both Re-conditioned and New Batteries that it was time to move to the next level. Steve Huysamen wanted to share his success with other potential business owners in SA. Steve then approached Franchising Plus, the leading franchise consultancy, to assist him develop a successful franchise model.
Battery Clinic, formally known as Steve’s Battery Clinic was then born. Today we are proud to say that there are 10 successfully operating Franchise Battery outlets and our vision for the company is to become the biggest and largest battery retail outlet in the South African market.
Auto batteries, inverter and UPS batteries, solar products, reconditioning batteries, and full battery accessory line.
Highly motivated owner operator entrepreneurs, with an intense desire to build up a successful and sustainable business.
Complete business management and product training on reconditioning system.
Please note this message goes directly to the franchisor’s list you are visiting. If you have a query about another franchise business, please visit their listing. If they are not listed, they are not members of FASA. Then use the contact us form.