Whether now or in the future when attending virtual meetings or hosting a webinar one should follow these guidelines to make a good impression:
- Decide where you are going to position your laptop so that you sit comfortably at a desk or table
- Make sure the area where you are conducting virtual meetings is noise free or noise levels are low
- Consider the view behind you – ensure it does not detract i.e. movement in the background – and looks professional i.e. consider personal pictures/paintings on the wall behind you.
- Place your laptop on a stack of books for example to ensure that the laptop’s camera is at your eye height when seated – no one wants to look up your nose!
- Adjust your laptop’s screen towards you so that the ceiling above your head does not form a large part of the on-screen area